On Thursday afternoon 12/14/2017 at 12:46 Stations 38 and 76 (VA Hospital) were dispatched to the unit block of Skyview Ln in Caln Township for the report of an appliance fire. Initial reports were of a dryer on fire. FM39 (Stackhouse) made the response and arrived a short time later with smoke visible from the front of the residence and the occupant at the front door. FM39 was able to assist the resident to a neighboring house and returned to investigate and found a large volume of smoke from the second floor. After giving his report to the 911 Center the assignment was upgraded to a working fire which added Ladder 41 (Coatesville), Station 49 (East Brandywine), 35 (Wagontown) and the RIT from 47 (Lionville).
Engine 38 and 76 arrived on location and stretched an 1 3/4 handline into the residence and were met with a working fire on the 2nd floor which appeared to have originated from the dryer. Crews were able to put a quick knock on the fire and held the fire to the room of origin. Crews remained on location to remove the damaged dryer along with some of the other items in the area that were damaged. A fan was used to remove the remainder of the smoke as well. Once the crews were able to clean up and get their apparatus back in order everyone was able to go available. FM39 remained on scene and awaited the County Fire Marshal's.
No injuries were reported from the resident or firefighters.